• Advertisement

Tough Times plus Pics

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Tough Times plus Pics

Postby okie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:14 pm

While I am thinking about it........

Thanks Brian for the forum and have a happy Thanksgiving

from the loud mouth ones and the silent ones and the 2 or 3 that I can't categorize. :D

Travis
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:58 am

okie
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

okie
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Hey KE
I was going to recommend to you another log cabin, but it looks like its covered with bugs.
I will keep looking. :oops:
okie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 am

Hey that looks like Peggy's place except the four bugs.

The neighbor has gone from Asian beetle invasion to an invasion of these. My no pest sign must be working as nearly all the bugs have left for now. The side of his house was half covered in these Sunday morning.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:06 am

KE4AVB wrote:Hey that looks like Peggy's place except the four bugs.

The neighbor has gone from Asian beetle invasion to an invasion of these. My no pest sign must be working as nearly all the bugs have left for now. The side of his house was half covered in these Sunday morning.

Box elder bugs never saw them before myself until the last couple of years then they're suddenly everywhere
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby okie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 am

KE4AVB wrote:Hey that looks like Peggy's place except the four bugs.

Let me tell what I think................. ;)

I think your chickens are laying down on the job.
Post a sign telling them the new bug quota is 1 doz. bugs per chicken, per day...........or else.
okie
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:22 am

Last edited by okie on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okie
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm

okie wrote:I think your chickens are laying down on the job.
Post a sign telling them the new bug quota is 1 doz. bugs per chicken, per day...........or else.

I don't think I want to cause my chickens to poison themselves. Orange marking on insects is usually a sign they are poisonous when eaten or at least they taste really bad. Probably why only a few birds will eat bean beetles like peacocks. And haven't seen anything that eat Colorado Potato beetle or their larvae. At there is biological weapon for the them. Stinks a lot when first applied.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

KE4AVB wrote:
okie wrote:I think your chickens are laying down on the job.

I don't think I want to cause my chickens to poison themselves. Orange marking on insects is usually a sign they are poisonous when eaten or at least they taste really bad. Probably why only a few birds will eat bean beetles like peacocks. And haven't seen anything that eat Colorado Potato beetle or their larvae. At there is biological weapon for the them. Stinks a lot when first applied.

Dunno about birds but cats don't seem to have an issue (when they get indoors here, we call them cat toys - cats have a blast chasing them all over the house and knocking stuff off shelves, clawing curtains and meowing like loonies when they cannot get to the bugs on the ceiling) I don't know as either of our cats have eaten one actually (they do eat moths and flies if they can catch them) but neither of them has gotten sick as yet.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

PreviousNext

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion