• Advertisement

great hunter of the Cherokee nation

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

great hunter of the Cherokee nation

Postby okie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:28 pm

This is 3 of the culprits that stole my tomato crop last year.

Travis

PS (I used to eat these when I was younger but then people got to calling them furry tail RATS and that kind of sort of put me off.)
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: great hunter of the Cherokee nation

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Now wait a minute they ate your tomatoes and didn't you give them enough respect to eat them. I still eat those rodents along with the Whistle Pig (Ground Hog) although I prefer the Fox squirrels over the Grey more meat per arrow. Right now I letting a rabbit raise several young ones for later meals.

There is also a nice young kid close by that would be fine for BBQing but that just the carnivorous animal in me thinking out loud.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Ain't nutting wrong weef dose tree rats :lol: :popcorn:
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 am

I do drawn the line when comes eating those slick tail big rats (possums), skunks, and any scavenger animals. I have been relocating quite a few of the possums lately, a couple skunks, and one armadillo. I had one fellow said used to eat the armadillos until heard that they carried leprosy. I use live animal traps as they just trying to survive themselves.

The only non rat I won't relocate is the mink. Those I feed some lead to in the form of .22s. I didn't appreciate one killing 22 of my chickens in two nights. Thanks they are solitary animals; they don't even like other except during the mating season.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion