• Advertisement

Now I know what these large blood suckers are

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Now I know what these large blood suckers are

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

After reading an article about mosquitoes in North Carolina I was able to determine what I have been B52 mosquitoes are. They are called gallinippers and boy to hurt when they bite. What worst is they don't have a larval stage as they just hatch out as adults and just require a damp area, not standing water.

I have not seen these before I moved to Tennessee.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Now I know what these large blood suckers are

Postby RoyM » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 pm

I'll stay here where the worst I have to deal with are horseflies. That looks nasty.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Re: Now I know what these large blood suckers are

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:17 pm

Horseflies, cowflies do bite and hurt. I have been around dairy cows a lot over the years. But these bloodsucker are new to me. I was cutting some high grass that had blackberry vines so I though I had hit one of them but when I looked down there was three of these monsters sitting side by side. After I smack them there was a very bloody spot. Now I spray myself strong Deet before mowing.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion