• Advertisement

Departure 12/31/2018

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Departure 12/31/2018

Postby creia » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:35 pm

KE4AVB,
You will be missed! :( Your knowledge and kindness to help others (yours truly included) has been astounding. I have directly benefited from your answers to my (many? :oops: ) questions over the years. It is sad :( when yet another of the "great ones" departs. All of that knowledge and experience just leaves the gene pool. Do any of you old timers remember some of the greats from the past like "Nevada walrus" and "T-man"?
That being said, you have your priorities 100 % correct- God Bless!
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Brian, Michael and the rest of the crew.

Indeed, I do remember many of the originals. I joined the PERR forum back in 2000 when Bruce was the moderator. When my first wife died of cancer in 2002, I spent many hours private messaging with several of the original members who had been through the same experience. Just having someone to share with who can empathize with you seems to lighten the load. I feel we have been a relatively tight knit group of colleagues for quite a few years.

Some of us are a little further geographically spread out than others, but this forum has brought us all together to share our knowledge and experience as well as many laughs when Okie posts some funny pictures, and we tell each other funny stories. We've also felt comfortable enough with each other to share some of downs and grief. I for one have benefitted from this forum and know that others have too. Everyone, please take care of yourselves, your health is your most important asset. Have a truly blessed Christmas season,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby bobodu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm

creia wrote: Do any of you old timers remember some of the greats from the past like "Nevada walrus" and "T-man"?
Michael

My God Man...you make it sound like they are party line phones or Sinclair gas stations... :?
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RoyM » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm

:lol: :lol:
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Dale_W » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm

I too want to thank the heavy hitters on this forum. I don't contribute much, but sure did learn a lot from you.
I also joined back when Bruce was running the Perr site. I do remember T-man and Nevada Walrus. It seemed when I first started small engine repair I saw a LOT of Tecumsehs. T-man was invaluable. (as are most of the members here still are)

Special thanks to you Eugene, and Best of luck to everybody.

Dale
Dale_W
Guide

Previous

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion