• Advertisement

New tiny computer.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

New tiny computer.

Postby bobodu » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 pm

This is an entire computer !! I do have an external 2TB hard drive and of course the wireless mouse and keyboard plus the big TV and it runs of a charger like a cell phone...but that's it !! Two USB ports,HDMI,RCA video output, mini stereo and SD card slot.700hz chipset,512 RAM ( plenty for Linux) onboard graphics and wired ethernet ( but WiFi usbs are only like $15 now).It is called a Raspberry Pi and costs around $40 including shipping!! Running a scaled down Linux and I am going to use it for a media player at the lake. The 2TB hard drive will hold about 2500 movies !!! The picture is a solid 1080p and clear as a bell.

Here is the keyboard..

I produces almost NO HEAT so it can be kept in a little cedar jewelry box. I did drill some holes in the bottom and a few in back for the cables just in case. Here is the Wikicrap if you care. I bought mine on Amazon and had it the NEXT DAY !!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: New tiny computer.

Postby Franz » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Wonder how long that would take me to blow up?
Franz
Forum Regular

Re: New tiny computer.

Postby Carlw » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Franz wrote:Wonder how long that would take me to blow up?

It depends on how large a cannon you or Bob uses. Carl
Carlw
Forum Regular

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion