• Advertisement

When The Winds Of November Come Early

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

When The Winds Of November Come Early

Postby Skywatcher » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Greetings All

Hope everyone had a good weekend, folk around these parts had a pretty rough one. The Weather Network forecast winds up to 90 km/h (56 mph) on Friday, but they got it wrong. A windstorm came through with top recorded speeds of 172 km/h (107 mph, equivalent to a force 3 hurricane) taking down trees and power lines as well as peeling shingles off roofs and blowing semi trucks (articulated lorries) off the road and into the ditch.

Now, we wake up Monday morning to 5" (13 cm) of fresh snow and forecast low temperatures of -13ºC (9º F or 260ºK). The first 32 winters since I moved to Canada didn't really bother me, but now I'm starting to get a little tired of them. Do you suppose it's time to seriously think about moving somewhere else? Take care all and stay warm,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: When The Winds Of November Come Early

Postby RoyM » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 pm

We got that storm Friday as well, the winds were not that bad but still a lot of downed trees and utility lines. I left Alberta 14 years ago, still don't miss the winters.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion