• Advertisement

Briggs new strategy

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Briggs new strategy

Postby 38racing » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:17 pm

38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs new strategy

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:42 am

I am uncomfortable with corporation that starts downsizing. I have through one merger and it was a nightmare.

Besides we already through one nightmare with Briggs already with their parts problems last year.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:03 am

yeah I saw that coming, probably as noted in several previous posts Ive made here.. consumer mass market equipment just is not profitable at all - it stopped being profitable for dealers years ago.. and with things costing almost as much to fix as to buy new, just no way Briggs can manufacture mass market consumer goods at a price point that would be profitable for them.. it's all going to MTD and the chinese clones anymore, and becoming disposable equipment.. use it til it breaks, and if out of warranty, toss it and buy new. What with their silly investment into the Ferris expansion (but even pros have been losing faith in the brand) they just can't build a competitive product at a profitable price point anymore.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:10 am

That is the very reason I no longer repair calculators. They to where it was cheaper to replace than to repair. About half of the handhelds that comes in gets sent off the recycler as it is cheaper to replace them then to repair. I only seen one push mower last year to come into my shop.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:21 am

A lot of corporate bafflegab just to say they are shedding equipment lines. :roll: It doesn't surprise me, the profit margins are too thin and warranty costs too high on the low end equipment. I wonder if somebody will pick up Ferris, Simplicity or Snapper.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:18 pm

I wonder if this covid-19 will have anyone thinking if it's really wise to move your manufacturing offshore especially to countries with completely different political religious and cultural standards.
38racing
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion