• Advertisement

Getting Tired of Winter

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Getting Tired of Winter

Postby Skywatcher » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Greetings All

Hope everyone is staying healthy and managing to avoid the COVID-19 virus, just one more thing the Chinese sent us that we don't want. We're getting hit with yet another winter snowstorm, up to 10" (25cm) of snow expected and temperatures down to -19ºC (-2ºF or 241ºK) for Saturday. It's almost ironic that in this semi-arid zone in the rain shadow of the Rocky Mountains, it has rained or snowed every weekend since the beginning of August. Almost reminds me of growing up in England, lovely warm and sunny during the week while we were at school, then raining on the weekends. I remember asking my Dad why it was called Sunday when it always rained on that day. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: Getting Tired of Winter

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Well I reckon I rub it in a little then. I was my first white bumble bee yesterday so it appears that winter has broken here. But I think the dam must have burst too for I getting rain for at least the next 10 days. At least it is warmer.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Had a break in snow here in Ontario. Temperatures not bad either. But in shop a lot and now with Ontario cancelling school for 2 more weeks after March break I'll have more babysitting of the grandsons.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Norm » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:00 pm

Still 18 inches of snow in most of the yard, BUT I saw my first robin and a flock of geese up here in the Cariboo Wednesday.
That being said, this current Arctic outflow with it's minus 20, windchill -35 temperatures overnight that moved in on Thursday evening can move out anytime..thinking today will be a good day to warm up the shop and get my tiller ready for spring and gardening.
I will admit the sunshine is nice..just wish I didn't have to bundle up to go outside..and we will try and forget about the 2 inches of ice from the thaw melt sessions the past few days..April is so close....
Norm

Location: Quesnel. British Columbia, Canada (the beautiful Cariboo Region)

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion