• Advertisement

People are going freaking nuts....

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

People are going freaking nuts....

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:00 am

Boy this cornavirus thing is going nuts and the end of world as we know is here. Maybe not but everyone seems to panicking anyways. I couldn't even get my normal weekly groceries Sunday, not a loaf of bread plus produce and meat cases 3/4 empty and that was at 10 am. Oh well at least it is Springtime and with me being a country boy I know what is edible in my yard and the fields plus I got a couple hundred pounds of honey if need to sweeten something and girls are making more.
Hell id here too as they just closed all the schools and all those school zoo animals are now loose in the neighbor. The parents are going to go nuts.

What did they do? Threw out all the common sense?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: People are going freaking nuts....

Postby bgsengine » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:58 am

yeah.. I've got stashed away a bunch of staple seeds for gardening, including buckwheat - can always grow our own wheat for flour, etc if that kind of need ever arises.. we'll probably stop by sporting goods shop and stock up on a bit more ammo for the rifles too.. other than that, we're in pretty solid shape with 2 freezers full of food stashed away, emergency generator ready to go, and plenty of canned preserves and non-perishables, we could "shelter in place" for up to 4-5 months without going anywhere at all if it came to that.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:12 am

Buckwheat is good and it don't take to grind it into flour unlikely regular wheat but it does have it own flavor. I usually grow it just for my bees as the nectar is extra sweet and the honey is nearly black but those little girls go crazy for it. About all I got is some home grown canned beans since I haven't had the time to raise a garden in the last 5 yrs. And my new fruit trees are not old enough to bear yet since I grown then from seedlings.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 am

When I was young I recall my dad saying he couldn't buy buckwheat to plant to enrich his garden because of pressure from bee keepers who didn't want buckwheat honey.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:27 am

Probably because the beekeepers clients only wanted the light color honey and the buckwheat nectar makes it dark but boy is it sweet.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:47 am

The herd has gone stupid. A couple cleaned out the meat department at a nearby supermarket the other day, even elbowed people aside to make sure nobody else got any! Another couple bought $70,000 worth of Lysol wipes, resold them on Amazon for a hundred grand! Their account has been cancelled, Kijiji wil not accept ads for cleaning products. The media has done a great job of whipping up mass hysteria. As for me, I am going about my normal routine as much as possible. I bought tp before the madness hit but now go out more to conserve it. :lol:
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Greetings All

As I've said right from the start, importing all this Chinese junk isn't doing the North American job and financial economy any good. Now we've imported a new virus from China and look what it's doing to us. Has the few dollars that the average citizen saved by buying Chinese junk really been worth all this fuss and bother? All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:27 pm

You better ration it Roy as there may not be a Sears and Raw Butt catalog. :lol:
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:11 pm

KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Today there were people at the meat counter throwing punches. Do think there is more going on than being told. The man has already said something about recession in my opinion I think he let the cat out of the bag and now a government shut down. What happened to United we stand and divided we fall. :usa: in god we trust
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Next

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion