• Advertisement

People are going freaking nuts....

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: People are going freaking nuts....

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 am

The neighbor was telling me his daughter which just got from Florida couldn't find eggs. And this was when I giving him a half a 5 gal bucket of eggs to throw away. I get her a couple dozen today. Strange I got chickens and very rarely eat eggs and there so far haven't to eat one the birds either. Right now Smurfette is sitting by the keyboard watching me type this and Sputnik is at the front door on guard duty.
:popcorn:
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:54 pm

Get yourself a turkey or a goose they make good guards as well !!!!!
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:55 am

Yelp I had Chinese white geese (knot heads), mean as could be. Would sneak up behind you and try to wring a piece out my legs. I haven't replaced them as the customer keep bring in their kids as the not were watch dogs, they were attack dogs. Guineas great watch dogs too if you can put up with all the pot racks. Never had them myself so I don't how well I can train them to stay off the roads.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Yea I been wondering how this country survived so long with out the CDC, Twitter, Inter net, and 24 hours of constant news on how to live. Why are folks hoarding toilet paper, this virus have more issues than they are telling us? Shelves are empty here too. Got 2 freezers packed, seeds to plant and surrounded by walking venison and wild hogs. Stay healthy all!!!
Gerry
Guide

Postby 51cub » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Same thing here. Sunday morning there wasn't a paper product in the store. There was 8 or 10 cases of water left. There was still enough meat, but only white bread left, and about half a dozen cans of tuna fish. I saw a story that Johns Hopkins said more than half of the people that had contracted the virus had already recovered and the next morning the tv news said that Johns Hopkins said the number of cases had grown. No way to know who to believe
51cub

Postby bobodu » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:00 am

Local distilleries are switching to making ethanol for hand sanitizer...while tankcar capacity ethanol plants are shutting down due to low demand for ethanol for fuel...
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby RoyM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:02 am

:roll: So much of it makes no sense.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:35 pm

RoyM wrote::roll: So much of it makes no sense.

That's for sure. Toronto's top doctor is now confident that virus is spreading by community contact. Gee I learned that 60 years ago. That's how flu and colds spread. Why would this virus be different. The current test results are mostly taken before we shut everything down and spaced ourselves so the positives should be no surprise.
Top Ottawa city doctor thinks Ottawa could have couple thousand cases. Of course no data to back it up. 20 cases so far. Although couple thousand cases would still likely be well below seasonal flu numbers. Official numbers for that are large but only for confirmed. How many seasonal flu cases are not confirmed? Not even attended by a doctor. I assume if cancer became contagious billions would suddenly be available to reduce the wait time for a MRI. Same for starving African children. Too bad for them that they can't pass it around the world.
Sure this is serious, but some decisions?
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:30 am

Not being political here as this is a health issue.

Anybody drinking Lysol? Our president suggest it works on the coronavirus. What an IDIOT. What next chopping off our heads won't kill us.

Sorry but the White House is no longer making any sense when it comes to our safety. We are all on our own now. White House accepts no responsibility if someone kills themselves because of what the head nut says.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:37 am

KE4AVB wrote:Not being political here as this is a health issue.

Anybody drinking Lysol? Our president suggest it works on the coronavirus. What an IDIOT. What next chopping off our heads won't kill us.

Sorry but the White House is no longer making any sense when it comes to our safety. We are all on our own now. White House accepts no responsibility if someone kills themselves because of what the head nut says.

Agreed.. I think the head nut is losing it, but no way I could support the creep, either.. The job really needs someone with at least some common sense.. but anyone with common sense isn't gonna want the job to begin with.. LOL! Couldn't pay me enough to take on a job like that.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

PreviousNext

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion