• Advertisement

Getting logged out

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Getting logged out

Postby 38racing » Tue May 05, 2020 3:08 pm

When I login I choose automatically log me in option. Past few days I keep finding that I have to login again.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Getting logged out

Postby bgsengine » Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 pm

any recent updates on your computer or web browser? If computer is automatically "cleaning" cookies or temporary internet files (and updates have been known to trigger or turn on that feature) your auto-login or session cookie gets deleted.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Tue May 05, 2020 8:23 pm

Nothing different going on that I'm aware of. I do have to keep uninstalling google app updates so that my android auto voice assistant will work. Been doing it for long time and google does not seem to care.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue May 05, 2020 8:32 pm

OK well either way, pretty much the logout happens when your session cookie gets deleted, or your browser doesnt send it (or firewall blocks it) so software starts a new session, which ends up needing a new login. lot of things can cause it from browsers, firewalls, conflicting software updates, "cookie cleaners" (McAfee is nasty about that - if you have Mcafee and it updates and silently re-activates what they call "safe Browsing" even after you've disabled it... I had that problem myself until I finally completely un-installed and deleted McAfee and got AVG instead)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Wed May 06, 2020 12:02 am

Next time I have the Google issue i will try ppeten just before and after.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu May 21, 2020 11:55 am

Still happening. Have not been able to trace it to phone activity yet but certainly my adroid auto is still messing up too.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri May 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Last 4 times in a row requires new login
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri May 22, 2020 6:14 pm

No idea.. must be something to do with your browser or computer's (or antivirus) security settings that is deleting your session and login cookies.. You're the only one reporting this sort of issue - I have not had that happen at all in quite a long time and the few times that it did, I found that the server had been upgraded or rebooted (which clears temporary server side files that include session data) As far as I know no one else has been reporting any similar issues..
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby tuffnell » Fri May 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Haven't had any problem with this site.
tuffnell
Guide

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion