• Advertisement

Con Trails

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Con Trails

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Boy the Con Trails are really messing up the sky today. So many jets that I now have near overcast skies. I hate to see what means in two to three weeks down the road.

Here I am planning a big Thanksgiving for one. I got a doctor the first and I don't really want to go but I got to pay the doctor for yearly blood pressure prescrip. Probably going to want blood work this time around that he will not get. Not looking for other problems.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Con Trails

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Con Trails? ain't that what the bloodhounds foller when uncle feezus and cousin Joe Bob cut and run from the chain gang?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RoyM » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:30 pm

:lol:
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 am

Maybe I need to clarify a little. It Condensation Vapor trails left by jet engines burning high grade Kerosene better know as Jet Fuel. More water vapor than smoke but still messes up what is a beautiful clear blue sky. By the the evening it had went from a clear sky to nearly completely white with these Con trails spreading out.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Skywatcher » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:08 am

Hi KE4

You evidently live under a very busy airway, if I see 3 con-trails in a day, I figure it's a busy day up there. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:29 am

I probably do as I have several busy airport hubs in my area. Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA; Memphis, TN; and closest Huntsville, AL. A few days ago I counted 7 jets passing over just to the Northwest with 15 minutes and that was jut the ones I could see. I wasn't counting yesterday as I had work going on.

Well it was nice at least for the Summer not seeing them so much. I even got to a lot more stars plus got to see Jupiter and some its moons. I kinda was hoping to get a look at Saturn but I could find it and my star program won't run on my old computer anymore since they upgraded it.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:00 pm

And I thought he was talken bout all them politicians exiting DC to do what they tell us not to do....... :bricks:
Gerry
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Oh heck I'm out here. I forget it turkey day tomorrow.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby SUKI » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:24 am

It never makes sense why people are so stubborn about things. I reckon it like the two male dogs I seen killed recently. They were chasing a female across a four lane when she got nailed by a 18 wheeler. What did males do? They went out trying to something to do with her when both of them got nailed by the next 18 wheeler. The problem is now solved for all three as they are nothing but a big greasy spot on the roadway.

As the jets I just wonder when some start hitting the ground due all the cut backs at airlines.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion