• Advertisement

Sears screw prices.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Sears screw prices.

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:54 am

I beginning Sears has a got screw you mentality lately. I just curious about some screw prices as I was looking up a couple Craftsman mower IPLs.

Boy S12.99 for an otherwise $2 screw seems a little outrageous and just one off the top of my head. PN 532137729. All I know I will be installing a 1/4-20 x 5/8 Flange head screw from Mcmasters that costs 0.17 each.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Sears screw prices.

Postby hanz63 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Sears has always been weird. Home of the 3.99 fastener. Yet you lookup an axle and varies from the distributor 50$ -either way!
hanz63
Forum Pro

Re: Sears screw prices.

Postby SUKI » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:54 am

I knew Sears prices were high but as AVB said some are just totally ridiculous like the wheel retainer I look up for a customer. They were wanting 16.99 for the Poodle Ring which is just a heavy duty impact resistance E clip. I buy and then sell them for 1.10 each.

And now Briggs seems to joining them as their prices are going up a lot too.

Then there is MTD were if I use the price files provided by my distributor I will soon start losing money. They are raising prices on me but not raising the retail prices. They them to where the shop would only be less than 5% profit on items before I add in the shipping costs which of course lowers that even further. And now Gardner is planning on adding a 1.5% surcharge because I pay with a credit card on the 1st of August. I just have to increase my MTD prices by 10% GPM above the suggested retail prices just to make profit now.

I am serious considering dropping Gardner for most of my purchases. They have already got me price comparing with RBI before I order parts.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion