• Advertisement

Notice: Possible downloads section problem.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Notice: Possible downloads section problem.

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:47 am

Gentlemen,

Google is applying a security update to my file drive that I use for our downloads section particularly the Briggs Files. IF any member with downloads access can't access the files let me know but hopefully I already got all the links already updated. As with anything things don't always work fully at first and I may have miss a few. This update seems to only affecting my openly shared files with the members here.

On September 13, 2021, Drive will apply a security update to make file sharing more secure. This update will change the links used for some files, and may lead to some new file access requests.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Notice: Possible downloads section problem.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:52 am

Okay somehow the old Briggs link got out into the Public domain as I am getting a lot requests for files access. It not going to happen. If the updated link is found to be out there I will remove the files permanently. This site is the only place it is posted and the access is set to public with link so members here can freely access the files. Until I am comfortable that things are secure again I will be keeping the latest Briggs manuals and bulletins offline. Effective date of this change is November 1, 2021.

I am glad I kept access to the Stihl and other equipment manuals that I have offline.

Sorry that I had to take this step but someone started passing around the link that shouldn't have done it as I intended these files to be for forum members only.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion