• Advertisement

Briggs pricing and backorders

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Briggs pricing and backorders

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:05 am

First just letting everyone Briggs just did another sizeable price increase of parts or at least that what I just updated my system from Power Distributors price file. Not everything took a large jump just a few carburetor kits I needing has.

And things are still being back ordered a lot. I just got in a generator that needs the 497849 kit and it is on indefinite back order. And those 793380 [84005207] camshafts are still on back order and have been since April.

Boy this getting irritating with Briggs has they have been having parts problems for now over three years. They were having problems even before the Covid-19 hit us. Then bankruptcy last year didn't help at all.

Why can't they get their act together? No wonder OEM are thinking of dropping them in flavor of other engine manufactures that can actually supply parts.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs pricing and backorders

Postby RoyM » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:03 pm

It seems nobody else is doing any better, the supply system is backed up. Just in time warehousing has collapsed, the container ports are plugged it's a mess. One major problem is the lack of truck drivers, the old guard are retiring or dying and the next generation are not moving in to fill the void.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Then it must just be me then because most the parts I am ordering are coming on time or no more than two weeks delay other than Briggs which has been progressively getting worst instead of better. I do admit I was fairly well stocked on parts and the after market suppliers are delivering on it including Amazon suppliers.

I am now replacing a lot of the Briggs parts with after market because Briggs can't deliver part any where near on time.

The only hiccup in shipping has been the USPS service taking two weeks at times to deliver from Memphis, TN to Elora, TN which is one day by UPS. And those shipments were supposedly three day priority mail. My vendor has been instructed that I only want my parts shipped by UPS from now on. They apparently lost a package in Florida as it still showing in the same post office for the last three months. I gave up on that part and made it in house.

As for truck drivers here it takes a while to get them trained so they can pass the CDL driver license test. But I think your right that young folks just don't want to work now.

Even ports and shipping companies didn't step up to move the products until just recently by going to 24/7 operations but we are so backed up now it will take months to get back anything resembling normal on the imports.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:37 am

Just got off the phone with PD's district manger still dont have a date when the 793380 [84005207] cams will be in stock. Got to wonder...................
Gerry
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 pm

Gerry wrote:Just got off the phone with PD's district manger still dont have a date when the 793380 [84005207] cams will be in stock. Got to wonder...................

Oh well I give in and ordered two more Chinese after market camshafts.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:20 pm

That is so weird. Got my two cams that were on back order. My warehouse is Salt Lake City.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:06 pm

Maybe that it. You are closer the ports. Mine is in Ohio.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:06 pm

It could be. The strange thing was that the rep took the time to call ahead, that they were shipping and that they were getting the bugs out of their new invoicing system so it may not show as shipped. I think that these 2 I got were just from my Stock Up this fall. It's not like I'm a big account for them either.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:28 pm

They finally showed up in Ohio after I already got the Chinese ones in.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:37 am

KE4AVB wrote:
Gerry wrote:Just got off the phone with PD's district manger still dont have a date when the 793380 [84005207] cams will be in stock. Got to wonder...................

Oh well I give in and ordered two more Chinese after market camshafts.

So far I have held off on the after markets, just never had good luck with them on other internal parts. But funny how this works after my witch secession on the 9th I got 3 delivered on the 15th shipped on the 11th from Dallas. Today UPS delivered my last one from Charlotte, NC my new warehouse after Atlanta shut down. Just logged in to PD and done stock check and said if I ordered more would be on back order. Just glad the season is mostly over.
Gerry
Guide

Next

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion