• Advertisement

Briggs pricing and backorders

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Briggs pricing and backorders

Postby hanz63 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:49 am

82 cams in stock at this minute @ PD. Beefed up parts stock a bit more this next year due to the plague on the code 1 stuff. Plus should have all my oil here too for the year. I put feelers out to the battery place about when I should get my main order. Usually that's February for me. It seems when parts pricing goes up that batteries find a way to go even higher.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:11 pm

I see that the cams are back on the unobtainium list. What else are you seeing? Looks like $$ are going up.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:49 am

Oh I manage to get one camshaft and found the two I missed Binned a year and half ago. One of those Chinese camshafts I installed has already failed. One carburetor kit I had on back order for two months went NLA. And I currently have a couple oil screens and a Snapper idler arm on back order since January 15/2022 so that not been very long yet.

My customer decided to be a pain. Just changing his mind on one project. First wanted the mower repaired, then not two days later after I already had to parts on way. Then when I return the unrepaired mower he thought I had repaired it. I said no it wasn't repaired as you said not to. He got pissed and said he just get someone else to repair it. I finish storing my ramps and left. I putting the parts that I had ordered on eBay and sell them.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:37 pm

Next cams are due in May...
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 am

They are still dragging feet I see.
Good thing grass isn't growing right now.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion