• Advertisement

Happy Dinosaur Eating Day

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Happy Dinosaur Eating Day

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:53 am

Well kinda, anyway looks like most of us have made to another Turkey day. Wish everyone the best.

Tom is still walking around proud of his tail feathers here. I couldn't bring myself to kill him as he looks better walking around than on the dinner plate. He going to be stuffed later after my dinner as he gets the left overs.

Business wise things seems to recovering nicely from last years drop off. Now if the OEMs stop trying to hijack us would help. At least the slow time gave me time to research things more so I found ways around some of the price hikes.
Boy the software I running now is a big help as I can plug in crosses which can save money on part purchases. With 850K in part numbers along info loaded things are coming together nicely.

One thing did happen lately that was a nice surprise. After I got my Stens rep to send me a price file so I could load most of their part numbers, descriptions, and prices onto my system, she call to let me know they was switching me over to a better pricing plan. Just the price file was a big help as it saves a lot typing here. Of course it don't have every part number but those can be manually added as I need to.

One thing we all got to be careful of is what we keep in stock as things are changing a lot with OEMs either going out of business, being brought out, or somewhere in between. At least with distributors being only one or two days out delivery wise helps to reduce in stock that I must have on hand. Personally I was wanting to reduce my inventory but instead it has jump another 10K this year.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Happy Dinosaur Eating Day

Postby hanz63 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:41 am

Best to you too. Wife wants to get turkeys. But we have too many chickens as it is. Got my big Black Friday purchases out of the way and save 3$ on a welding clamp. Yes, data can be your friend on parts. It is a good feeling when you finally move some stock that its usefulness dwindled to zip inna year or three. Sold the last of my MTD steel deck spindles that I see now have become even more $$ enhanced with their replacements. My inventory is watched close because all these things that a guy tends to order an extra few beyond what he needs will someday be NOS on EBay, which is not the way to go. Belts is where that gets tricky for me. That seems to be reasonably well in check, but the old decks and drives drift away. Then MTD puts out a new belt that you haven't seen before, seems like on every hundred units or so they build.... MTD belts are on 1/3 of my belt hooks. The good thing is that that distributor typically had it ready and in stock, so I can keep 1-3 of each on hand mostly. I generally like Stens and bought more from them last year than probably ever. Mostly on some summer stock up they had. PD lost out because they didn't have their second stock up when they typically did. Stens pricing needs an attitude adjustment , so I'm glad they like you enough to give you one!
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion