• Advertisement

Boy I hate getting old

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Boy I hate getting old

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:21 am

Boy I hate getting old. I having to repair my trucks rear differential. Now my differential is hurting. I having problems even getting up and straighten out this morning for the pain. Maybe I shouldn't doing all the crawling around under the truck's bed. :roll:

But of course my back and hips have been giving problems for nearly 40 yrs now. I pop the left hip out socket earlier in the week. Boy does that hurt when it happens. At least I can lay flat of my back to get it back in place. Just have lay there until pain eases.

I think once I get on medicare I get things looked at to see if I am still repairable. :lol: but the parts may be NLA.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Boy I hate getting old

Postby RoyM » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:14 am

I hear ya! So much for the golden years, those tv ads showing healthy seniors enjoying the good life are so much horse pucky. Crawling under the truck you best have a plan for getting up.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Re: Boy I hate getting old

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:15 am

Oh well found the LH planetary gear damaged and the RH axle journal pitted. As I was putting things back together I found the fill plug would not come out as it was shallow and stripped out the square hole. I lucked out to be able to modify the cover to accept a 1/2" pipe plug. I actually had a pipe nut in my stash of nuts but couldn't the pipe plug I have here but a customer/mechanic had one. I drilled a hole in the center line and welded the not in place. When I got the nut welded I check the back clearance in case I need to grind off place of plug and there was plenty of clearance.

At least now I can have time to find a plantery and satelite gear set along with a new axle but still have the use of truck in meanwhile.

I still have the problem of not being to keep my arms above my head very long when to install the screws but that have been a life long problem.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion