• Advertisement

Another year has gone by.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Another year has gone by.

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:44 am

Well another has gone by. Hope everyone had a better year than last year.

My business usually has 2,000-3,000 usd gross increase sales each year. Last it was down by over 6,000 last year but it has recovered that back this year. Had the same gross as I did in 2019 but the bottom line is better as I reduced my costs a good bit. Went from 15% net last year to nearly 30% this year.

But still not seeing the usually equipment this time of the year coming in. Three chainsaws, one log splitter, and no ATVs all Fall. I know it most likely Covid related as people reduce their activities quite a bit. This will give extra time to clean up my shop wall to wall along with doing a wall to wall inventory. Somethings have never been bin located.

For me that just gave me more time to improve my procurement skills of getting parts via cross referencing a lot of them. Oh there were more problems getting parts than usual but that cause me to develop new resources which will be of a big help later.

As Covid I got the two Pfizer shots and Tuesday getting the booster shot. I deal with the public too much to take the risk of getting it from someone that refuses to try to protect themselves and others. Here the vaccination rate is less than 45% as most are Republicans that are too stubborn to yield to the fact that this mess isn't going away easily. Nearly no one here wears a mask any more except the workers in the stores I go to. Kinda glad I waited on the flu shot this year as I have found it is not a good match to flu virus that is going around currently.

As for the forum I see that several members have posted in a good while hope they are doing fine and just don't need help with their equipment problems.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Another year has gone by.

Postby RoyM » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:57 pm

I am sure glad I am retired and not trying to run a business or even hold a job. Between drought, fires, floods and Covid I think we have seen it all! When 2021 leaves I'm slamming and barring the door, I hope 2022 is better.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Re: Another year has gone by.

Postby SUKI » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:18 pm

It been a near nightmare here too the last few years especially with going to whole assemblies over providing individual parts that I once did. It getting to where it as much as a machine when it comes to handheld equipment. I just got a MTD made chainsaw that Lowe's would not even touch repair wise and it is only 6 months old. No wonder it sold for $115. Having the Craftsman on it didn't help increase the price either. Even if the customer needs a new bar and chain it just as cheap to just buy a new saw after a few years.

I am still down nearly 12K gross here. Considering just closing up the shop for good and go on SS here. Anybody is trying to be jerks. It is bad when the customer tell you what you are going to charge them. I sent several on their merry way this year.

AVB be careful not to stroke out because the extra high BP. My doctor panic when she seen my pressure at 188/110. She would not listen that I got a hold of bad pill as it normally 130/85 which happen a couple times this year with generic pills.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion