• Advertisement

Just my luck

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Just my luck

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:32 pm

This week has been a mess. Went to do my laundry Wednesday morning. In the middle of the washing to the hot water blew a hole in the side (from Rust out). I was meet at the door with water everywhere. I was lucky I was home at the time or it been one heck of a mess.

I spent over 3 hours hunting for hot water heater for the house trailer. Finally get it home and the old out just to find that I had demo the wall to get the new one in. No room for a drain pan either. Well got the water lines connected and start filling the tank. Guess what. One of the lines failed. Factory crimp failed. Another two hours hunting parts. And now it is freezing cold again. I am out over $700 for a 40 gal heater.

Oh just another fun day.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Just my luck

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:45 pm

Been there, done that.. not fun at all.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:27 pm

Especially when the Temp drop like rock that last few days. Mid 20's today but at least the wind is not blowing like it was when I was changing the heater out. I had sub wind chills that day. And it looks like the Mid West and the NE is getting some brutal weather now.

Skywatcher must be mad at me and sent the nasty stuff. Just kidding Sky...
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:13 pm

Mid 20's? Heck, your getting spoiled! I have no idea why furnaces and hot water heaters fail at the worst possible times.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:16 am

Roy it isn't that is 20F with 25 mile winds is all that cold temp wise.The sudden drop from a dry 80F with a light breeze to a damp 20F with 20+ mph winds in less than two days is what hurts. Just look at the online temp and I am back down to 17F but at least the wind is not blowing. Probably will bottom around 10F after daylight.

Just can't get use to this yo-yo weather. I just wish just stay closer to one temp for a while; otherwords, if it is going to be winter then have normal winter temperatures and not summer one day, winter the next, and then start the cycle all over again the next day. I keep my home at 60F in this time of year to try make it easier on myself so I don't get such a shock going outdoors.

I sure hope things are above freezing Monday when I got to go to the Horse doctor. That trip would be very cold when you don't have heat in your vehicle.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:05 pm

Just funnin' ya, you are not alone. It has been weird here too, the last year has seen record heat, wildfires, then record rains with devastating floods. Very cold and lots of snow (for us) through Christmas now spring in January. I just hope we don't get a real cold snap or sudden thaw.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion