• Advertisement

USPS poor service

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

USPS poor service

Postby SUKI » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:13 am

Is anyone else having problems with the USPS? I have packages lost or simply delay for long periods. One example of a package form one that takes up to two weeks to get from Memphis,TN to New Market, AL when UPS can deliver the next day.

And AVB is having problems receiving his electric bills on time. Normally he get them the 1st of the month. Last it arrived on the 16th but the bill is due on the 15th. Luckily he is calling his provider for the amount of the bill as he has to schedule payment three in advance. Now he a check in route to Atlanta Ga that was sent on January 31 that still hasn't arrive at the vendor. This causes problems as the vendor credit limit prevents ordering additional parts until the bill is paid. To bad that vendor's accounting system is to stupid to accept electronic checks.

I have similar problem of sending and getting mail on time. What is wrong with the USPS? Is it that Dejoy got it so mess that it cant even operate on time anymore?
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: USPS poor service

Postby Gerry » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:30 am

Few weeks back I bought a hammer on E-bay, shipped from KY, I live in southeast GA. It took almost 6 weeks to get here it went to San Juan, PR then Miami, FL then Orlando, Jacksonville, FL to me. If I mail my parts payments to RBI and Gardner to Atlanta I mail 6 days prior to due date and often it takes 18 or 20 days for them to be posted. Dont know where the holdup is but dont think its the posters.
Gerry
Guide

Postby RoyM » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:57 am

It isn't called snail mail for nothing, Canada Post is no better. I ordered a package that was shipped USPS from L.A., it then worked it's way through customs and forwarded to CP for delivery. SIX WEEKS!! :x
Another arrived at my door from Denver via FEDEX in three days. The whole postal system needs to go on a diet, it is bloated and inefficient.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:35 am

Gerry wrote:Few weeks back I bought a hammer on E-bay, shipped from KY, I live in southeast GA. It took almost 6 weeks to get here it went to San Juan, PR then Miami, FL then Orlando, Jacksonville, FL to me. If I mail my parts payments to RBI and Gardner to Atlanta I mail 6 days prior to due date and often it takes 18 or 20 days for them to be posted. Dont know where the holdup is but dont think its the posters.

If it going to take that long then my $1000 credit limit isn't going do me any good. And why in the heck can't Gardner accept electronic checks. If RBI can then Gardner should be able to do the same thru Codis.

I know the check I mail Monday to Gardner thru my bank made to Atlanta Thursday per the bank's tracking.

Gerry I would suggest you try the electronic check payment to pay RBI. But you will the account name, R&T (routing and transit), and account numbers. The only problem I ran into is if I have a credit larger than the amount due then I got to call to have that applied but that is fairly easy once you get pass the customer service personnel.

Beside Gardner only lost half my business orders last year because they took 7 months to switch over from CC and now with these kind of delays the order level will remain small. It like cutting off their nose to sprite their face.
For this reason I might be better off just to place orders thru RBI whenever I can; although, the free ship level when to $225.00. At least payment gets processed in a few days freeing my credit line.
RoyM wrote:It isn't called snail mail for nothing, Canada Post is no better. I ordered a package that was shipped USPS from L.A., it then worked it's way through customs and forwarded to CP for delivery. SIX WEEKS!! :x
Another arrived at my door from Denver via FEDEX in three days. The whole postal system needs to go on a diet, it is bloated and inefficient.

And Roy it is on a diet on my part as I refuse to use it; unless, absolutely necessary due their poor service. Their 3 Day priority service is a joke.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Gerry » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:15 am

Thanks I may try the E-check but I really hate this electronic digital crap. Trying to figure out Gardner now, some of the prices I'm paying to them vice RBI is substantial. In the past Gardner had been a tad cheaper on Oregon and Kohler and now its RBI. On GT transaxles Gardner has lost it.....I bought the last 4 I needed off of E-bay and Amazon a lot, lot cheaper. I called the GT office in TX trying to work a deal but with 73 completed trips around the sun I'm not going to invest several hundred to sit on the shelf and I dont like the damn things anyway..... :bricks:
Gerry
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:44 pm

Gerry,

It is all part of procurement...I do similar things as have enough time on hand to do it and still get things done otherwise. Even buying DB electrical starters can at time be cheaper through Amazon even they are being by DB themselves there too.

And just got stuck with some GTI parts myself as the customer changed his more than most women. He finally told to cancel the repair job after the parts were already arriving and that he just going get someone else to repair the mower. It took only three days for him to make this decision. Even the fiction module is still on back order.

As pricing Gardner is usually cheaper on the Husqvarna parts and RBI cheaper on the MTD parts or at least that what I have found last year. Last year I order one MTD spindle from Gardner to only find out that RBI had them for nearly $20 ea less so I think you know who the order for the three sitting in the storage bin right now. But each distributor has items the other doesn't carry. Last year my work was heavily Kawasaki related. Matter of fact I finishing up a JD Z950R today. But got to wait for the battery to charge. Those 20F nights sapped the battery.

This why larger companies have person solely for procuring parts at a reasonable price.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion