• Advertisement

Briggs newer engines with lack of parts.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Briggs newer engines with lack of parts.

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:59 am

Boy Briggs is going the way of Harbor freight now. I tried looking up parts for the new 13U100 series and found the most of the engine parts are not available. Briggs is really stabbing themselves in their backs now. No wonder I have only seen less than five Briggs engine this year. Now of course could be just a lull in the repairs of the Briggs. The customer will have to install a new engine as the governor failed and not even show on the diagrams so it is not available. Drats...

This year it seems my largest volume of repairs are Kawasaki engines. I current have one with water in the oil and another that loses oil pressure when hot. Both are high hours engines.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs newer engines with lack of parts.

Postby hanz63 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:05 pm

On the other hand I was looking up a belt for the HRN Honda and they offer individual transmission parts now. Whether they are actually available or not, I dunno.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion