• Advertisement

Health Scare of mine.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Health Scare of mine.

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:42 am

Well finally got to see a doctor this week. One of the tests done in ER showed a reading of 700 on BNP test when I should be around 125. I hoping it was just because the induced Afib. Doctor not running the test again. Just prescribe my current BP med and want me back in October.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby hanz63 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:30 pm

One of those things that the Doc just isn't too concerned I hope.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Postby SUKI » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:03 am

Just shows how blown out portion things are made to seem when they see you as a cash cow.

My doctor had prescribed pills for my bp that had me seeing things that were there and they were some pretty scary things. I throw them the garbage.

As a friend once said about doctors. They are only practicing medicine as they have never become a professional at doing it.
SUKI
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby jerkputter123 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:17 pm

If it were me I would do all I could to keep the B/P normal. High can wreck your kidneys and other bad things. KE4AVB , hurry up and get on the medicare and when you do reach that age don't go cheap on a supplement. My wife and I ( age 75 and 74 ) have plan F with United Health Care and its great. The cost now since we are much older than when we first got medicare is $440 per month. The drug plan is $60 per month. Not cheap
KE4AVB, I hope you continue to keep the B/P in check.
jerkputter123
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:08 am

jerkputter123 wrote:If it were me I would do all I could to keep the B/P normal. High can wreck your kidneys and other bad things.

Not mentioning causing strokes. That why I had to get on BP meds in the first place. I had multiple BP strokes (over 10 spells) induces in one day and spent 3 days in the ICU because of it.

I fired the doctor I had for several years as he got to where he did not listen to my complaints. The last year I spent with BPs in the high 170/110 average now that I finally back on the med the works I am back in the 130's / 80's.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby porkchop » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:28 am

I broke a tooth once, and the dentist said "haven't seen you in over 13 years, what brings you here, PAIN". I said, "yes, why do you need a new boat"?
Stan
porkchop

Previous

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion