• Advertisement

Worst way an employee quit

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Worst way an employee quit

Postby Greyfox » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:07 pm

So i used to be a warehouse manager/mechanic and we had an employee quit and i went to service his equipment that was assigned to him. The fu*^er had gone and put 2 gallons in his truck mount (running a Kohler Command) so it would hydrolic next time we rain it, thankfully it was due for an oil change so i drained the oil by luck 8-) . It was one of those time where i thought i had broken my oil extractor but than when i checked the amount that came out i realized what he had done.

Whats the worst way one of your guys have quit?
Common sense is instinct, enough of it is genius when repairing things.
Briggs and Stratton MST Current
Kohler Expert Tech,
Prochem Tech,
and the guy who's family calls when ANYTHING is broken :bricks:
Greyfox

Advertisement

Re: Worst way an employee quit

Postby bgsengine » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm

dumping handfuls of sand down the dipstick tube of customer units where the work was done and it was awaiting pickup.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Greyfox » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:22 pm

bgsengine wrote:dumping handfuls of sand down the dipstick tube of customer units where the work was done and it was awaiting pickup.

Ouch :cry: definitely worse than mine.

When did you find out?
Kohler Expert Tech,
Prochem Tech,
Greyfox

Postby bgsengine » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Greyfox wrote:
bgsengine wrote:dumping handfuls of sand down the dipstick tube of customer units where the work was done and it was awaiting pickup.

When did you find out?

Soon as the first one came for their machine - *ALWAYS* check the oil before starting.. noticed the grit on dipstick. :) had a good half dozen quick oil changes to do that day.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Greyfox » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:18 pm

bgsengine wrote:
Greyfox wrote:

When did you find out?

Soon as the first one came for their machine - *ALWAYS* check the oil before starting.. noticed the grit on dipstick. :) had a good half dozen quick oil changes to do that day.

I guess this brings a whole new meaning to always check the oil before you start ;)
Kohler Expert Tech,
Prochem Tech,
Greyfox

Postby Franz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Had a few that stayed who were worse than the ones who didn't come back next morning, and I'm sure to this day I had several who said I Quit while I was counseling them as NY Law required about their workmanship.

Dirty tricks is a whole different bucket. Bearing balls and short sheet metal screws down carbs on company vehicles, Ajax in the tube from the air cleaner to the manifold, antifreeze in the oil, dishsoap in rear ends along with water. Absolute rat bastich was an operator who froze a trackhoe to the ground over a weekend, then walked it off the broken track and went home.
Franz
Forum Regular

Postby RoyM » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:51 am

Any of them request a reference? :lol:
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:15 am

The word does get around about them. My brother worked in the construction business for quiet a few years. Everytime he quits a job that didn't bow down to his demands he cuss hem out. He finally found one company that he usually got what he wanted. When the owner retired and sold the business the new owners didn't give in so easily; of course, he quit his usual way. Now that after the construction industry collapse and is rebuilding he can not get hire to do anything that he wants. His references is telling prospective employers how he did.

It is a shame. He is a good worker but needs to ditch that attitude of his.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Carlw » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:35 am

Dump a 5lb bag of sugar in the gas tank. That trick really gums up things. Carl
Carlw
Forum Regular

Postby StarTech » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 am

Don't if anybody remembers a product call Waterglass but sure messes up water cooled engines. Engines are fine until they cools back down and it solidifies the coolant. I heard of it being on competitors' race cars around Salinas, CA when I was a kid.
StarTech

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion