• Advertisement

Boy are some Customer dumb...

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Boy are some Customer dumb...

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 14, 2023 6:23 pm

Well I someone sent Murphy to my location. My truck's transmission appears to have failed. At 45 mph I normally have 1500 rpms. Friday the engine sounded funny so I look at the rpms and they were over 3500 and the truck wasn't pulling good. I tried to make it back home but it would not climb a slight incline.

But what was dumb was the customer calling Saturday morning insisting on me picking up his mower even after I told over 3X that m truck was broken down. I finally had to hang on him.

Went today got some ramps, transmission jack, and a pair 6T jack stands. Now I can get the transmission out, I can tear it down and hopefully find what went wrong. The diagnostic code doesn't help as the service manual says it can be just anything the causing the slipping. Sometimes tearing something apart is the only to find the problem.

BTW it is a 4L60E and I have never been inside one. OH what fun I going to have. NOT.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Boy are some Customer dumb...

Postby bgsengine » Sun May 14, 2023 6:37 pm

Might have done best to check service manual , I believe your valves are replaceable without pulling the transmission , you just have to drop the trans pan? Sounds like some Fords, which simply involved replacing a sticking shift solenoid, if I recall (But then it has been about 23 years since I last worked on a current model Ford).. 19 years since I let my ASE Triple master expire..
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion