• Advertisement

Briggs closes my Power Portal account

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Briggs closes my Power Portal account

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:26 am

Well it is bad when Briggs closes your account for just complaining and trying to get help with EFI software update problem.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Briggs closes my Power Portal account

Postby RoyM » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:57 pm

Have you done the annual update? Mine is still active and I have been retired for almost 9 years.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:29 pm

Been on the Portal since 2009 and never had a problem until now. They just kicked off for asking them to fix download server problem. Actually Power Distributors dump me a couple years ago because I wasn't will to take only 10% discount when I getting a 20% from a different Briggs distributor (A&I) plus I able to buy parts off cheaper than Power distributor wanted to sell them to me. Otherwords Power Distributors was trying to force me to buy only from them just to line their pockets. A&I and me had a falling out because they would not return my emails so sales dropped as I had to source the parts from somewhere else.

Beside annual updates are a joke to me as I usually already know the material in advance as the equipment has already been in my shop.

Also I can't help it that the Briggs sales took a dive because of their bankruptcy. And just a few months ago engine that was less two years old had no parts available so the customer had me to install a Kohler engine as replacement.

Update: At least they haven't found my backdoor access yet...
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:31 am

Well this is interesting as I finally got past some the bad weather. And hopefully the nightmare January 2024 is coming to a close.

What I found out this morning is that Briggs gave me access to another company's Power Portal account. According to tech support I got to now setup a new account to regain access. OH the joy of computers screwing things up.

Meanwhile I found out that I can't download the latest update for two reasons.

1) Briggs issued an update EFI software version after sent out the battery update and the battery update is not compatible with my version of the software.
2) Second I must have a master Power Portal account. Someone with great wisdom deleted my master account.

Once I regain access I download and update the software on Google drive. Current version is r5.0.9 and what I have is r5.0.6.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:44 am

Tnx Suki for allowing to use your account temporary. Download the software and now have delete the access info here. I will contact you again if needed.

Now don't forget to come over on Feb 2, I doing a couple pork shoulders.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion