• Advertisement

Those parts distributors have us coming and going..

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Those parts distributors have us coming and going..

Postby hanz63 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:47 pm

Whatever that really means. Holy crap, Gardner has apparently decided to increase exec bonuses this year by the look of their latest pricing. Stens emailed and said stuff your freight discount. I'll have to charge like a crazy person. Parts pretty much are up 20% plus since the plague.
hanz63
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Those parts distributors have us coming and going..

Postby bgsengine » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:42 pm

And you're surprised? I knew it was coming ages ago, just a matter of "when" - just one of the many reasons I quit the business. I suspect eventually the old-fashioned ways (Factory - to Distributor - to Dealer) will go the way of the DoDo Bird... Soon it'll be only the Mega-Dealers and they'll be buying factory-direct without a middleman, warranties more likely to be denied or "just give em a whole new one" (And let them pay to ship it to warranty center, and pay to ship the new one back, and most folks will look at retail rates on shipping and say "fuhgeddaboudit" and buy something else, ship the broken unit to the boneyard) Upshot of it being, smaller indie shops will be sourcing parts from Amazon/eBay (and getting OEM parts used but good from Ebay or independent scrappers) Along with those with a certain political mindset following in the footsteps of California and banning more and more gas powered equipment (and regulating cattle farms to death - Cow Farts are causing global warming, after all.. right? right? what about elk and moose and bison though? how ya gonna regulate them? Since the same loonies wanting to ban Cow Farts are also Vegan or Anti-Hunting nuts, no way to control wild populations, right? Just a matter of time before you have to buy a state DEP Permit if you want to fart in public... )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Those parts distributors have us coming and going..

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:09 pm

And Gardner will over charge on shipping and flat will not explain why either. Gardner also install a new system that demands you to accepts Microsoft cookie that allow Microsoft free access to your local system so they dig around looking for bootleg software and anything they can find. Its their way or the highway attitude. I have ordered from since they are refusing to explain charged nearly $20 to ship a $6 part that they split the order and it should only a small additional charge.

And my RBI salesperson lied to me last Fall about the cost to ship a short block. I was told $50 and then I got billed $200. So I end eating the profit on the short block as the customer had already paid for it.

Stens upped their minimum free shipping level to $180 and they are now using FedEx which has terrible tracking and deliveries here. Just as bad as USPS now.

And BGS what about people farts? Some of them you better not light a match.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion