• Advertisement

Forum Ranks

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Forum Ranks

Postby Gasoholic » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:05 pm

Installed new ranks, and many thanks to Goatdriver for the rank badges!

You might notice a few of them.
Also added a few post based ranks (45 posts or more) but those won't come with badges.

Badges , other than Moderator badge, are had by request, and for some of them, Proof in the form of a photo or scan of the certification is required.
- Ranks, and how to get them, are as follows:

ImageBriggs MST (Proof required - photo of wall plaque or wallet card)
ImageEETC Certified (One or more possible EETC Certifications, proof required in form of a photo of the certification)
ImageEETC Master (I know they don't officially recognize it, but requires above mentioned proof of all the major categories - 2 stroke, 4 stroke, electrical, AND either Components Plus, or Drivelines)

ImageEducator: - If you are a vo-tech shop teacher, EETC Test proctor, Distributor or Manufacturer trainer, etc. You can qualify for this one (Proof not required but helpful, otherwise, regular participation in discussions can qualify you.)
ImageStudent: - If you are a student or apprentice in the trade, or even a home study course, let us know if you want the badge (Proof not required, but helpful, otherwise, regular participation in discussions can qualify you.)

ImageModerator: - That is a special rank only given to the guys that keep us all on the straight and narrow.

ImageSponsor: That's a rank for the visitors and companies that offer financial support to help pay the hosting, bandwidth, etc. Sponsors are the only ones with posting privileges in the sponsors forum - typically to post news, press releases, advertising for their product lines, etc... and those posts are restricted TO the sponsors forum, as well (Mods will move them if posted elsewhere). Anybody can be a sponsor, but the proof is in the "putting your money in the pot"

ImageKohler Certified (Proof required - photo or scan of the wallet card)
ImageKohler Expert Certified (Proof required - photo or scan of Wallet Card.)
ImageNAEDA Member - Generally dealers that pay for membership in NAEDA or one of its chapters (Photo of the Wall Plaque or member card)

ImageProfessional - This rank is on the "Honor System" - if you say you are, we'll take your word for it... until you say something that proves otherwise.
ImagePro - Retired - Rank for the retired pros that want it - and again, it is on the Honor System. (I can think of 3 offhand that might get this rank.)

ImageStihl Certified - Bronze, ImageSilver, and ImageGold - (Proof required, obviously, in the form of photo or scan of certificate or wallet card)

Proof of certifications can be uploaded to a photo hosting service, and link sent by Private Message , or sent by email to one of the following: KE4AVB, bgsengine,bobodu, or Nevadawalrus - Click the email link and send a request for an email address to send them to. - Can also be faxed, send bgsengine a PM for fax number.
Gasoholic
Site Admin

Advertisement

Re: Forum Ranks

Postby bobodu » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:24 pm

Carl got a "rank badge" once for having the stinkiest sneakers...
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Carlw » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:25 am

Geesh I didn't even know that I got an award. But I do have a gold certificate for being the perfect Ass Hole, does that count also? Thanks Bob for telling my secrets. Carl :bricks:
Carlw
Forum Regular

Postby bobodu » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Carlw wrote: But I do have a gold certificate for being the perfect Ass Hole

A foil star from Mom doesn't count abd she was gonna give it to Uncle Herb until he fell drunk down the mineshaft.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Franz » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:16 pm

I do not think it appropriate to call Bobo Rank!

I've seen pictures of him soaking in a cattle tub of putrid water with a bar of soap balanced on the edge of the tub, and the picture was taken just last Summer.
Franz
Forum Regular

Postby creia » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:21 am

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin badges!"
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, circa 1948

Sorry, I just could not resist. In my opinion, one of the best movies and movie lines of all time.
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby stienut13 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Michael,

Right up there with "Key West". Bumphrey Gocart was great, My mom said that's what the "kids" referred to him as back in the day, way back. She'd be close to 90 now. But let's not forget 2 more great flicks, "Twelve Angry Men" and "The Rear Window."

Jim
stienut13
Guide

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion