• Advertisement

Board Oddity- Post times messed up.

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Board Oddity- Post times messed up.

Postby bgsengine » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:33 pm

There was some sort of odd issue with board posts and the database this afternoon, looked like an index in MySQL got corrupted somewhere along the line - While diagnosing the issue, I was in the database messing around with some time stamps, causing some of the posts to now be out of order - It should be resolved now , though I just have not bothered resetting the post time stamps on the affected posts...

Will be monitoring today and tomorrow for any further issues.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Advertisement

Re: Board Oddity- Post times messed up.

Postby madmantrapper » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Sometime this afternoon my computer locked up saying the FBI did something to the server. Do you think this is related?
madmantrapper
Guide

Postby bgsengine » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:20 pm

madmantrapper wrote:Sometime this afternoon my computer locked up saying the FBI did something to the server. Do you think this is related?

No. if the FBI wanted anything to do with the server, it would have been taken down entirely and we wouldn't be making these posts.

If your computer locked up and you got some kind of message about the FBI, then you very likely have gotten a computer virus from somewhere.

What happened is the database on this server got a corrupted time stamp somehow (internal to the server), it would have had nothing to do with the users or anything they can send out (and the Heartbleed bug HAS been fixed on this server, well before any of this started, if anyone wondered about that.)

I'm going over the server's raw access logs to see approximately when this happened, and see if I can spot anything that may have caused the timestamp issue.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bobodu » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:36 am

I thought it had something to do with those helicopters. Hey Madman....were you in NV ? The Government has been messin' with cows....
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby madmantrapper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:12 pm

bobodu wrote:I thought it had something to do with those helicopters. Hey Madman....were you in NV ? The Government has been messin' with cows....

Nay I ain't been to NV in twenty years.
madmantrapper
Guide

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion