• Advertisement

Safety

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Safety

Postby okie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm

I know some of you keep high pressure gas cylinders in your shops (I do).
This is what can happen. Treat them with care.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FG1LGKieTxY?feature=player_detailpage

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Safety

Postby madmantrapper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Didn't look secured very well, also the caps must have been off some of them. What country was that?
madmantrapper
Guide

Postby bobodu » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 am

I once got a flyer from Tractor Supply and they showed and oxygen cylinder being " secured" with a bungy cord ......one of the round cloth covered ones no less!!! I sent them an email and the lady responded that " They were showing the act of securing a cylinder.".
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:24 am

bobodu wrote: they showed an oxygen cylinder being " secured" with a bungy cord ......one of the round cloth covered ones no less!!! I sent them an email and the lady responded that " They were showing the act of securing a cylinder.".

This is not the proper way to secure a cylinder. They should at least use some duck tape in the securing process :bricks:

On a serious note: learn how to secure it properly. Check with your provider/vendor for proper instructions

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby StarTech » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Believe it or not I have pick these cylinders throwaway in trash piles on the side of the road here without the safety on them. They were there just laying in the same trash pile. People here are nuts.

Two of the tanks I traded in for ace tanks and I got very old one to take in the next time I go for refills. It has a set with it but does not use OX as accelerator and will not hook to current gauges. It would need re-valving.

I currently have two pairs ACE/OX tanks with one of the OX tank leaking if I don't open the valve all the way; bad packing. I think trading the old tank for an argon tank.
StarTech

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion