• Advertisement

a walk through

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

a walk through

Postby Luffydog » Sat May 10, 2014 11:29 am

a walk through on how to post pictures from photo bucket ? just trying to learn but getting anywhere thanks for any help.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: a walk through

Postby bgsengine » Sat May 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Upload image to photobucket (assuming you have an account) , then go to the image or album, You want to edit to make sure it is 600 PX or less (Resize) underneath (or beside thumbnails) you should find a couple or three "Input boxes" with a URL already there -- click in the "Direct" box to highlight everything - that's the URL to use , then go to your forum post, click the spot you want to put the picture, and click the Img button up above the area where you're writing your post, and in-between the two "img" and "/img" tags it puts there, right click and paste the URL from photobucket

If the image is too big, forum wont let you post, (You can just direct paste the URL to the post and we can just go to view it instead)

But I guess someone needa to do a quick how-to video on using photobucket to upload, resize, and post an image to forum. (If it hasnt already been done - anybody got a youtube link?)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Luffydog » Sat May 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Sat May 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Hello Dog
Your picture is too big (600 x 800) Both numbers has to be under 600

Lower the first number and this will also lower the 2nd number. I like to keep number under about 575. The forum like those even better.

If you need to resize:

put curser over small picture
see gear in picture--Click
choose edit
choose resize (Change number if need to)
choose apply
choose save (check box close to save to stop excess pictures)
Choose library---Find picture
see 4 codes---choose IMG code---highllite and copy
go to your post just put curser where you want picture---then paste and then preview post.

if this don't work for you--email me your phone number and I will call you and talk you thru it.

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 pm

thanks ill give it a try
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion