• Advertisement

Need a Logo ^^^

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Need a Logo ^^^

Postby Gasoholic » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Anyone artistically inclined interested to try and create a logo (will replace the phpBB logo up top , left corner) ?

Feel free to submit ideas. :)
:ugeek:
Gasoholic
Site Admin

Advertisement

Re: Need a Logo ^^^

Postby bgsengine » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Requests for Smilies , as well as suggestions and comments also welcome. (they are best PM'd to the Moderators, though.)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby NevadaWalrus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:12 pm

bobodu is good with graphics.
NevadaWalrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bobodu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 am

Not me....I can do silly things but real graphics is way beyond me. Besides...PPTEN makes me think of a nice Walther... :lol:
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bobodu » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm

So...is it PPTEN or PPETEN ?
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Well , seems like ppeten would be the best way since it matches the domain , makes it easier to remember which to type out. :) got to fix the board title. (Slip of the fingers, I guess.) LOL! :bricks:
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby NevadaWalrus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 am

bobodu, I still think you are guy to do a logo. Let me suggest what I had when I had a forum on line. As now I only had an idea and asked someone with a graphics program to put it together. May have been you, just can't remember. Started with a horizontal rectangular box with forum title of "POWER FORUM". Then around the title which now would be "PPETEN", I nicked some on line pictures of products, line and hedge trimmers, chain saw, mower or 2 and I think an engine or 2. I asked that the pictures be reduced in file size as well as fairly small physical size, made them faded or semi transparent to reduce or lower file size and make the logo down load faster. I was concerned with download speed because at the time I was using a slow dial up internet service and probably should still be considered.

From seeing some of what you've done I'm sure you have a graphics program. I'll find suitable pictures if you're willing to give it a shot.
NevadaWalrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bobodu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:09 am

I was thinking along the lines of using the "p"s like pistons and the "eten" letters as a crank...I can make an animated .gif....but someone people find them distracting... :roll:
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 am

bobodu wrote:I was thinking along the lines of using the "p"s like pistons and the "eten" letters as a crank...I can make an animated .gif....but someone people find them distracting... :roll:

I tried to do similar to that - making "P"'s out of micrometers, but couldn't manage it in photoshop. :)

maybe outta have a contest. LOL!
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bgsengine » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Anybody Interested? I went and splurged a little, posted a contest for the logo design: https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Desi ... 45959.html $250 prize for the winner. (I'll post link to poll here, so everyone can vote on it.)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Next

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion