• Advertisement

Need a Logo ^^^

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Re: Need a Logo ^^^

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 pm

NevadaWalrus wrote:Tools and many parts don't separate Power Equipment from automotive or others. When I tell some what I did when working and say small engine repair many respond, oh, small block Chevys?

True, but how do you go about fitting all the types of power equipment pictures into one small image enough to make a logo?

as a generic form, I would imagine enough to convey the "technical" aspect of it would be sufficient, and the site information, pages, and title would cover the rest when they get here. Would set us apart from websites that only just sell new equipment, or parts. (which might also use the same sort of logo)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:18 pm

New Poll - Added a few new entries along with some older favorites. If you voted earlier on poll #1 and 2, feel free to vote again on #3

#174 is kinda iffy - looks "confusingly similar" to Briggs Logo.. LOL.. and #138 makes me think of "Nissan"

My plan is to pick finalists from the earlier polls so we can work it down to maybe 3 favorites by the end of the week or so - If there's others (not sure if you can view them all from the project page, but they are all public, or should be) let me know and I can add them to next poll.

I may splurge a little more and have the winner do up a web page template for the rest of the site, too.. (Which can of course incorporate more "iconizations" of the industry.)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby stienut13 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Brian,

I think your avatar is it!

JIM :usa:
stienut13
Guide

Postby bobodu » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 am

So what does separate a small engine from other types ?? Something everyone recognizes ? A recoil starter rope....
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby NevadaWalrus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:52 am

What do most people call a store/shop of what we do? "The mower shop". As in I'm going to the mower shop. So if the logo must be limited to one image then a lawnmower is what it should be.
NevadaWalrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby bgsengine » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 am

NevadaWalrus wrote:What do most people call a store/shop of what we do? "The mower shop". As in I'm going to the mower shop. So if the logo must be limited to one image then a lawnmower is what it should be.

Very true.. I've been waiting for one of the entries to come up with that basic concept.. LOL!
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby wobbedennis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 am

stienut13 wrote:Brian,

I think your avatar is it!

JIM :usa:

Bgsengine, I think that this guy might be on to something, Instead of having your company name above it, have phpbb above it.
wobbedennis
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:56 am

Brings up legal issues - Takes a lot of work and expense to develop a logo, and then using it in another context, it will lose value, and and also take a dent in trademark protection due to "Fair Use" - should I sell the business but keep the forum.. (or vice versa) then the logo goes with business, and new ownership may not want the logo in use -

Besides which, I am trying to keep from making any associations between the forum and the business... if I'm gonna use our (Trademark pending) company logo as forum logo, I might as well also link everything else to it , as well..

Nah - definitely not a good idea, and also, I don't want any competitors that may visit to feel that they are *promoting* or *helping* my shop in any way, at expense of theirs.. But since we do permit links in signature lines, they'll have every bit as much advantage as I would.. (more so, if they write up some articles to be posted on web page, they can have their link in the byline "credits"..)

Nah, Im perfectly happy to spend the $250 for a new logo to give the board its own identity
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bgsengine » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 am

OK I think maybe "The One" is in this batch here - Please make sure and vote your favorites (even if you voted earlier in previous polls)

http://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-NDU5NTk6NA==
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby aj-allen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Yes the ONE is in that batch :D
aj-allen
Forum Regular

PreviousNext

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion