• Advertisement

Scary news for me

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Scary news for me

Postby bper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi Everyone - I know I still have a lot of friends here, even though I do not participate much and thought you had better hear this from me rather than someone else. Friday morning while camping near Mt Hood (Little Crater Lake), I suffered a bad heart attack. My wife was able to get me to a hospital in the Dalles OR, where they arranged a lifeline helicopter flight to a larger hospital (180 mph). I never lost conciseness and even watched them working on me on a monitor (kind of creepy). They installed two stints and I had a major artery in the heart totally blocked.

Anyway, I came home yesterday and feel fine. They have me on 4 different pills and I do feel a little weak and sleepy, but they said that's normal. I had went on a 4.5 mile hike on the Pacific Crest trail the day before, but knew something was wrong as soon a I tried to move around Friday morning. We got to a hospital as soon as we could and I had chest pains all the way, along with sweating and tingling in my finger tips.

Anyway, I'm feeling fine, but probably will need to take it easy for awhile, which I am good at (67 now). Take care everyone - Bruce (old forum admin):D

PS - I have enough Nitro now to do any demolition you may need :lol:
Retired Small Engine Technician .....
bper

Advertisement

Re: Scary news for me

Postby bgsengine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Wow. Glad you made it back.. at 67, you ain't done quite yet. :)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Deere2me » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:54 pm

bper wrote:Hi Everyone - I know I still have a lot of friends here, even though I do not participate much and thought you had better hear this from me rather than someone else. Friday morning while camping near Mt Hood (Little Crater Lake), I suffered a bad heart attack. My wife was able to get me to a hospital in the Dalles OR, where they arranged a lifeline helicopter flight to a larger hospital (180 mph). I never lost conciseness and even watched them working on me on a monitor (kind of creepy). They installed two stints and I had a major artery in the heart totally blocked.

Anyway, I came home yesterday and feel fine. They have me on 4 different pills and I do feel a little weak and sleepy, but they said that's normal. I had went on a 4.5 mile hike on the Pacific Crest trail the day before, but knew something was wrong as soon a I tried to move around Friday morning. We got to a hospital as soon as we could and I had chest pains all the way, along with sweating and tingling in my finger tips.

Anyway, I'm feeling fine, but probably will need to take it easy for awhile, which I am good at (67 now). Take care everyone - Bruce (old forum admin):D

PS - I have enough Nitro now to do any demolition you may need :lol:

Is there a good heart attack??? :? Anyways, sorry to hear that, but glad yer on the road to recovery!!!! I sorely miss yer old forum Doctor Bruce. Hang in there and good luck!
http://ppeten.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=836

I quote:
"Don't pay any attention to old Dummy."- okie
"pompous a**hole"- steinuit13
"I agree, Deere is a negative around here to say the least"-mek a nik
Nice, huh?
Deere2me
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:38 am

Glad to hear you are okay Bruce. Someday, science may find out why this stuff happens to hikers,bikers and joggers rather than us burger eatin', cigarette smokin' fishermen.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby okie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:08 am

Glad to hear you are doing ok for now Bruce. Keep taking those 4 pills aday. I had my "little scare" about 12 Years ago and they put in 4 stints and gave me the 4 pills to take. I was 65 then and now am 77 years old. I believe those 4 pill work along with the Good Lord taking pity on me has kept me going. :D

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby rogerf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:29 am

Greetings Bruce from the Land of Oz,

Sorry to learn of your recent troubles, but glad to learn you came out so well thanks to your wife and good medical care. I do hope and pray that you will continue to enjoy many more years together.

Just hope that you can both get on with enjoying life and counting your blessings.

Cheers, Roger
rogerf
Guide

Postby OverKnight » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:03 am

Good to hear you're doing better, Bruce. I'll keep you in my prayers.
"I shall pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet
OverKnight
Forum Regular

Postby Buckshot 1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 am

:) Glad to hear that you are doing fine. Keep taking those 4 little pills and follow the Doc's orders. :usa:
Don B, Ft. Wayne, IN., USAF 1962-1968
Buckshot 1
Forum Regular

Postby grunt » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 am

Good luck and God bless Bruce. We look forward to MANY more postings from you.
grunt

Postby Mek-a-nik » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Glad you're okay Bruce. I can only imagine what kind of wake up call that must be. Take care of yourself.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion