• Advertisement

Christmas lights

This is the forum for talking about everything else not related to small engines or outdoor power equipment. - It's the "Coffee Shop" of the PPTEN. Please refrain from discussing Politics or Religion.

Christmas lights

Postby okie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:47 pm

I know its a little early but if you find Christmas lights better than these, please post the link.

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Travis :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Christmas lights

Postby John » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:39 am

That is a better display than most town lights in the United Kingdom. :lol:
Never do a job standing up when you can do it sitting down.
John

Postby jimw1949 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:22 am

We have a bunch of Christmas lights that we usually put up outside around the house about the first week of December. For some unknown reason, the wife and I have not gotten around to putting them up yet. I doubt we will put them up now, it is getting closer to Christmas and it has turned pretty cold here. I guess we just don't feel like going thru the work of getting the ladder out and putting them up.
jimw1949

Postby okie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Jim

My wife and I also used to put up a lot of lights. At the height of our lighting, we had about 20,000 lights. It just got to be too much work. I didn't mind putting then up but taking them down was a chore and keeping them all working was a job.
I had extension cords laying on the ground and the squirrel kept chewing them, mostly in the day time so I didn't get a chance to "fry" any of the tree rats. :x :x

okie
Forum Pro

Postby jimw1949 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:20 pm

There are a lot of things the wife and I used to do for the Christmas season, but now that the two daughters are grown up and are on their own we have cut back on a lot of stuff. For example, we used to do a lot of baking at Christmas time, lots of cookies and other assorted goodies. Some of it was for us, but we gave a whole bunch of it away to friends and to "shut-ins" around town. It was lot of fun and the house sure smelled good with all the baking going on. We even made fudge a few times, although that wasn't our best thing. For some reason only about 1/3 of the batches of fudge we made turned out really good. There must be a trick to making it and apparently we didn't know what the trick was.

We would have one evening when all of us would put up our "fake" full size Christmas tree and decorate it. We would put presents under the tree and the daughters would shake the boxes to see if they could guess what was in them. We would have several strings of lights outside and another bunch of lights for inside. We would have some of the lights around the inside of the windows so they could be seen from the outside too, and we would put one of those battery powered candles to put in the middle of each window. On Christmas Eve we would have a steak dinner and then we would attend the midnight church service. That was always a lot of fun and we looked forward to it every year. Now that the daughters are grown up and on their own, we don't seem to have much of the enthusiasm we once had. Part of it is because we are older, part of it is because the kids are grown, and I guess part of it is because we just don't feel like doing all the work involved.
jimw1949

Postby okie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:48 pm

we don't seem to have much of the enthusiasm we once had

We don't have the enthusism or the energy. :D :D

okie
Forum Pro

Postby madmantrapper » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:17 pm

I still put up a few hundred. I'm 61 and don't feel like to much but we have a 6 year old that I just don't want to disappoint.
madmantrapper
Guide

Return to The Break Room AKA General Discussion