• Advertisement

Needed -- B&S 694035 Camshaft

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

Needed -- B&S 694035 Camshaft

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 am

I have a Briggs & Stratton 121607-0218-E1 (Date code 981216FA) on a DR Trimmer that has a compression release failure on the camshaft. I found an image online to confirm that it is indeed part number 694035 that I need, and it's NLA. I plan to call some places that advertise having obsolete parts, but does anyone here know where I can find one of these? Thanks.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Needed -- B&S 694035 Camshaft

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Not new...May need search a few engine graveyards.

Part going NLA are a lot reason normally good otherwise equipment dies off. The manufactures are not keeping inventories like they when I growing up. Anything over 5 years old is lucky if any parts are still around. A few manufactures are still making parts for older popular equipment as they still make a profit doing so.

I had a pair MacCat chainsaws that only lived because I use one for spare parts. I even keep using the last one for another 5 years after the bar oil pump failed. I finally needed a replacement ring and none could be found.

At least it not one of the China clones that you can't even parts for when new.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)