• Advertisement

Help needed with Dynamark snow blower Comet Clutch

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

Help needed with Dynamark snow blower Comet Clutch

Postby 40FordRod » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:06 pm

I could use some help in finding a spring for an old Comet Clutch used on a Dymamark snow blower Model# 5359 - 0900

powered by a 5 HP Tecumseh Model # Hs 50 - 67143B . The PTO end of the crankshaft has 3 Steps ( 3 different Diameters for the clutch ) which is held to the crankshaft by a grade 8 bolt.

It only has one spring which is made of band steel (rectangular) not round "wire" like all the ones I see on the net.

Does anyone have an idea where I can find one or use something similar? I've contacted what used to be Comet Industries and am waiting for leads.

I have pics and dimensions if needed.

Thanks.
40FordRod

Advertisement

Re: Help needed with Dynamark snow blower Comet Clutch

Postby RoyM » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 pm

That must be a home made setup, I have never seen a walk behind snowblower with such a clutch. Comet has been gone for a few years, it would be interesting to see if anybody picked up their patents and started production.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:25 pm

RoyM wrote: it would be interesting to see if anybody picked up their patents and started production.

Certified Parts Corp did - same company that bought Tecumseh brand and now "making" (I use the term loosely) "Tecumseh" *cough*Chinese Clones*cough* and Lauson (LCT) - they also bought Comet but as far as continuing production, I dunno.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 40FordRod » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:59 am

Can someone direct me as to how I can post a few pictures of this clutch and PTO end ?

Thanks.
40FordRod

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:46 am

Images must be uploaded to a image hosting site like Photobucket first. Then if not over 600 x 600 dpi can be posted using the "Img" button for direct viewing. If over 600 x 600 dpi it must be resized otherwise you will receive an error message when using the "Img" button.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:48 am

40FordRod wrote:Can someone direct me as to how I can post a few pictures of this clutch and PTO end ?

Thanks.

The very basics of it - Uplpoad your pics to photobucket or similar image hosting and re-size them to no more than 600 pixels wide , then you can link them using the img tags or just post links to the photos.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)