• Advertisement

Obsolete parts for Ford mower

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

Obsolete parts for Ford mower

Postby Mr Mower Man » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:01 am

I have a customer's 1989 Ford garden tractor that needs some parts for the deck. It's a 48" cut and the deck model is 9607442A. Here's a list of deck parts I need that the nearest Ford New Holland dealer says is NLA:
    1. LB703424 Deck hanger bracket
    2. LB741470 Deck hanger handle
    3. LB741468 Blade drive belt tension arm pivot
    4. LB702830 Mount bracket for #3
    5. LB702796 Belt guide

Anyone out there know where I could get my hands on these?
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Obsolete parts for Ford mower

Postby bgsengine » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:41 am

Check with Toro or Lawn Boy shops.

Those old fords were made by Gilson, which got bought by Lawn-Boy (hence the LB prefix part number, drop the LB and search toro parts for the number?) , which got bought by Toro.

here's an example of a belt guide - Also was used on Wheel Horse - http://www.ereplacementparts.com/guide- ... 52183.html
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Mr Mower Man » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Thanks for the good info. If I drop the LB prefix on the part numbers, I do come up with Toro parts. I can't believe the prices on some of these things! Yikes! :o But I'll check Lawn Boy and Toro shops to see if they have anything.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:34 pm

Have you tried Messick's. Yes that idler arm is about 139.00
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Mr Mower Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:17 pm

I think I just lucked out. I found most of what I need on ebay. Someone is selling a bunch of old used parts off their old Ford tractor. So instead of paying more than $200 for the stuff I need, it looks like I'll be able to get it here for under $40. I know a master welder/fabricator who I think I can get to build up a couple of wear spots for me, and I think the deck lift and deck drive should work just fine.
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Good to know you found you need; though, I am surprised the old mower didn't get recycled already. My first rider was a Ford but I had nothing trouble out the front anti scalp roller brackets. I had to take up welding to keep it going until I worn out the transaxle.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)