• Advertisement

Parts needed for IH 3312 Push Mower

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

Parts needed for IH 3312 Push Mower

Postby Mr Mower Man » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 pm

A customer brought me an International Harvester 3312 push mower to get back into working order. It looks just like an old Lawn Boy, except it's yellow & white. The engine's pretty much destroyed. A new short block would be a nice fix, along with a few additional parts (crankshaft needle bearing, for example). I've found some Lawn Boy short blocks and other parts for sale on ebay, but I'm not sure which series of Lawn Boy engine this IH has. Fortunately, I was able to find an IPL of this mower, so I have all the IH part numbers. But translating these to Lawn Boy part numbers is proving to be quite the chore. I read somewhere on the internet that the IH 3312 engine is identical to the Lawn Boy D-600 engine. Is that right? And whether or not that's right, can anyone help me get some parts for this thing so I can get it working again? Customer said he's really not concerned about cost. Those are my favorite kind. :D

By the way, an interesting note from my online research. I happened to find a familiar username on a different forum, from a post made in 2006. The username was "Walt 2002." :idea: Would this be our very own Walt Conner? Feel free to weigh in, Walt! I bet you know a thing or two about these 2-stroke engines!
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Parts needed for IH 3312 Push Mower

Postby bgsengine » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Odds are excellent that it is the same Walt. As for the Lawn Boy (you likely already know) they are owned by Toro - Oddly enough Lawn-Boy at one time had riding mowers made by Gilson - which can also be found under Montgomery Ward brand as well as Ford.. I have never seen one of those under the IH badge though - but seems to me, if you can find a short block for *A* Lawn Boy , you will most likely have all you need to build a working engine I believe the C and D series both would use the same carburetor... I seem to recall though that some had different governor setups. But it has been a long time since I worked with one. (Side Note I have a solid lawn boy self propelled deck I built the best pushmower I have ever run by popping in a 7 series Briggs OHV mower engine on it with MTD adapter and blade.... Love their deck design - too bad they dont make them any more..)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Parts needed for IH 3312 Push Mower

Postby Walt 2002 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Well I am here. I have not been working on LBs for several years now but as others have told you, the LB D-600 engine and parts list should do you just fine. Very few parts interchange between D-400 & D-6-00.

If you contact me at address below putting the address in proper format I will point you to where you can get some expert advice and possibly parts. I have sold all mine years ago. Remind me what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com
Walt 2002
Forum Regular

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)