• Advertisement

HM80 Valve ?

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

HM80 Valve ?

Postby arfstrom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 am

Hi guys, I am working on my snowthrower, and noticed oil leaking from somewhere, I have now found out where, Head gasket, and maybe the side gasket. (replacing) I am wondering if I can let this go, or should I do some things that will keep this old 90 machine running. (does 90 qualify for antique? or Restorations? or both ;) )

Here is what she looks like under the hood.

let me know if the images dont work arfstrom_tobie@hotmail.com
arfstrom

Advertisement

Re: HM80 Valve ?

Postby bgsengine » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Looks like a nice clean Tecumseh motor.. Fresh Gaskets, oil seal, clean'er up and should be good to go - Make sure you replace *every* gasket you can get to including intake gaskets, valve cover gasket, and you'll probably get another 10-15 years out of 'er at least.

90's wouldnt be an antique yet - gotta go back to about 1982 and earlier, really. (Same year I started fooling around with family lawnmower and started on the Foley-Belsaw small engine repair course I got for my birthday present from mom and dad.)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby arfstrom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Cool thanks, I was worried about the red coloring on the valve. Cool I haven't done a valve job since High school, which was also in the 85-86 time frame. I am sure I have rebuild gasket kit, so I should have all them all. I do suspect I have been running it high, and hot, for long periods of time. every winter but this one.

Take care guys!
arfstrom

Postby arfstrom » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Hoo Hoo, it works, the motors just fine, I just scrubbed with nylon brush's, and cleaned her up, and slapped her together.
Thanks
arfstrom

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)