• Advertisement

National Triple

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

National Triple

Postby wristpin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Looking for 2 x 21” wing unit bottom blades. Information on a possible supplier will be appreciated. Both the pattern part suppliers here in the UK ( England) have ceased production. Managed to get a 30” rear unit blade from an eBay seller, but no luck with the wing units.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: National Triple

Postby bgsengine » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:45 pm

Have you checked with Gravely/Ariens? In 2006 Ariens Co. (Ariens and Gravely brands) acquired the assets of National Mower based in St. Paul, MN. couple quick google searches, found that tidbit and https://www.choochooparts.com/national-mower-parts.asp page has a link to parts lookup, also found gravely has a PDF of national to gravely cross reference... might be a clue?
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby wristpin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 am

Thanks, I’ll do some research. For the time being I’ve done a bit of creative refacing of the existing ones and they will do another season. The advantage of having own reel and bed knife grinding equipment - even if it’s fifty plus years old.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Postby wristpin » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:36 pm

BSengine, thanks to your reply I found a part number for the blades and armed with that found two on eBay here in the UK.
Hopefully they are on their way and will go into stock until the next regrind.
Thank you for the heads up.
wristpin
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:03 pm

Excellent! Glad to be of some help.. Only reel mower I ever worked on was the one I used myself when I was a kid (since parents would not let me use the power lawnmower, I dug that old rusty human-powered reel mower out of the chicken coop where it had been sitting since before they bought the place in the late '60's) but I remember it pretty well as it was also a National.. Eventually my dad sold it to a scrap dealer (I had no say in that and by then was using power mower, and just learning to fix them, myself.. Musta been , what, 11 or 12 I think)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)