• Advertisement

Brigs numbers

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

Brigs numbers

Postby frankp » Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 am

I am working on two old brigs. Around 1968 vintage. One is on an old push lawnmower the other on a rototiller. Where should I look for the model/type number? I can't find them. Thanks Both have a gold color label on the rewind saying "easy spin"
frankp
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Brigs numbers

Postby bgsengine » Sat May 17, 2014 7:45 am

They are usually stamped in the blower housing , but on some older engines number may also be on a tag riveted to one of the cooling duct shrouds - those are known for corroding off (the tag is aluminum) but you'd find the remains of the rivets that held the tags in place (there'll be 4) Also sometimes the numbers are stamped in one of the sheet metal pieces (cooling duct shrouds) , but almost always find them on the blower housing just above the cylinder head bolts , or on the side above the exhaust muffler on the rotary mower engines. Sometimes stamped on the front above the recoil starter.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Brigs numbers

Postby frankp » Sat May 17, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks. I'll take a close look today.
frankp
Forum Regular

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)