• Advertisement

NOS/OSB/NLA Briggs 398577 Connecting Rod

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

NOS/OSB/NLA Briggs 398577 Connecting Rod

Postby kparnapy » Fri May 23, 2014 4:57 pm

I am looking for a new connecting rod for my Briggs and Stratton 176437-0114-01 engine. The part number is 398577 for the standard crank pin diameter. It seems like this engine was a very limited build during the 1994 time period and I am having problems finding specific parts for it. Any help to locate NOS for the above part would be appreciated. Thanks.
kparnapy

Advertisement

Re: NOS/OSB/NLA Briggs 398577 Connecting Rod

Postby KE4AVB » Fri May 23, 2014 7:10 pm

That rod was used for quite a few years. The engine I rebuilt last year was a 1982 model.

Last year it took me 3 months to get NOS one and had pay nearly $70.00 to get it then. You are probably not going one now anywhere except from a donor engine.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)