• Advertisement

Tecumseh

For Technical Help, please use Technical Discussion Forum. This forum is more for informational, and "displaying" your current or past projects and restoration work, as well as "WANTED" requests for NOS/OBS/NLA/Used Parts (New Old Stock, Obsolete,No Longer Available) - *DO NOT* post advertisements for parts for sale. No advertising other than site sponsors is permitted here.

Tecumseh

Postby delsego » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Anyone have an idea where I could find a recoil housing and starter cup for an old tejunkseh TNT100? My customer wants to convert his old KEY-LECTRIC to pull start.
delsego

Advertisement

Re: Tecumseh

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:43 pm

I believe a bolt-on recoil housing version is readily available in the aftermarket, some of them include a new starter cup.. But it depends on the blower housing - if it can take a bolt-on recoil, it may be a good solution, but if you don't have clearance (flywheel fins hitting bolt heads) then probably the only way would be to find new old stock or used assemblies.

If you have the full model and spec number for the engine, someone can probably look up the parts you would need and see if they are available.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Restorer's Corner (Antiques & Restoration)