• Advertisement

dura heat heater

While these are not our main line of work, there are many professionals in the OPE Business that also work with Electric Power Tools, Kerosene Heaters, and Lawn & Landscaping topics. There are other forums specializing in these subjects, but some of us are willing to try and help with your issues.

dura heat heater

Postby Luffydog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 pm

the model dfa7t so far I put a new rotor in because it was broken. it does have spark. it is not getting fuel. but I can put just a little air to the hose and it will fire up. I don't work on these but for a friend I told him I would try it out and see whats going on.. any help on would gr8. thanks for your help
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: dura heat heater

Postby bgsengine » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:23 pm

You need to check the pressure - need a gauge to screw in to the (1/8 NPT pipe thread) the plugged off pressure test port (The other port has a slotted plastic screw for pressure adjustment) if it is not in spec (pressure is on the information label, but should be 3.8 PSI (yes they measure pressure in tenths) if it is actually a DFA75 )

Pressure losses usually found at the end cover (cracks, leaking gasket) or hoses (cracks or holes worn through) Heater operates by drawing fuel up through the nozzle by way of venturi effect as the air pressure blows through nozzle - any loss of air pressure between nozzle and the pump is reflected in lower pressure and reduced air flow, resulting in not drawing fuel.

You probably have a cracked end cover ( part number 21-1041) would be my bet. or a bad hose (21-1016) Pressure gauges can be had for cheap (21-1115 ) or if you want to get serious in repairing those heaters, HA1180 Gauge kit - Most or all of the parts we list on ebay (and some listed on our web store) but the main thing you need to do is check and verify pressure. - As to the pressure adjustment if you happen to have removed it assembly is the ball goes in followed by spring then the adjustment plug (which will have a hole through it for pressure relief) - if it has been taken apart before by someone without a clue, check to make sure spring and ball are present and placed in the correct holes.

*edit to add* Oh by the way , post probably sorta belongs more in the "other" forum further down the board list but whatever. :)
*edit #2* - Also the air filter kit for that includes gasket for the end cover, part number FA1005
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Luffydog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:28 pm

Sorry about the miss post area. Thanks for the info as will look into the parts and gauges needed for this fix and possibly others. Yes it the model I stated above. Thanks again
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Topic moved left ghost image in original posted area.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks for moving ke4avb sorry about the posting location and the trouble thanks for correcting me on place to post. I was thinking on more on it being a heater instead of a tool. Sorry again and thanks for your time.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby okie » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 pm

It was moved to try and fool me.................and it worked. :bricks: I was thrown off the scent. :oops:

Okie :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Return to Power Tools, Miscellaneous Home & Garden