• Advertisement

battery been flat

While these are not our main line of work, there are many professionals in the OPE Business that also work with Electric Power Tools, Kerosene Heaters, and Lawn & Landscaping topics. There are other forums specializing in these subjects, but some of us are willing to try and help with your issues.

battery been flat

Postby Trishamane » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:25 am

What should I do if my car battery has been diagnosed as being flat?
Trishamane

Advertisement

Re: battery been flat

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:09 am

Hopefully you don't mean it is physically flat. If so then someone crushed it flat.

But I am assuming you mean it is discharged. First is to have your electrical system tested. Many shops and auto parts stores will do basic testing for free. If the electrical system checks out okay then just replace the battery. If electrical fails the test then more in-depth troubleshooting is required as to cause can be as simple as a loose connection or can bad alternator or electrical drain while the vehicle is not being used. Many of today vehicles computer systems and other gadgets drain the battery while the vehicle is not being used. If you not using frequently consider buying a battery maintainer and use it when the vehicle being stored.

PS removed your advertising link from your signature line as has nothing to do with small engines or outdoor power equipment. Violation of Forum Rule #5. You are already on my list of possible spammers for posting derogatory comments violation of rule number #4 (the related posts deleted) and the advertising link in your signature list just puts you closer to being permanently barred. Signature line removed.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Trishamane » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Thank you for the information it was useful.
Trishamane

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Advertising link in signature was reinserted by poster; therefore, account disabled and removed. Poster was so warned
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Power Tools, Miscellaneous Home & Garden