• Advertisement

Husky generator 5000 watt

While these are not our main line of work, there are many professionals in the OPE Business that also work with Electric Power Tools, Kerosene Heaters, and Lawn & Landscaping topics. There are other forums specializing in these subjects, but some of us are willing to try and help with your issues.

Husky generator 5000 watt

Postby fattba14 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:06 am

Hello
I have a Husky portable generator HU5000.... I put gas stabilizer in over the winter and when I started it this summer, it started fine but when I tried to bring it from choke to run it keeps stalling.... any ideas??
fattba14

Advertisement

Re: Husky generator 5000 watt

Postby bgsengine » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 am

this would likely get better results in the technical discussion forum.. mod may move it fuel stabilizer is not a miracle cure, and also depends on the type and brand of stabilizer , as well as age, and amount )too much stabilizer can be as bad as n one at all.. and in some cases, worse.)

other factors include dirt and sediment in fuel , tank , and there's the fuel lines too = even with stabilizer, they will still age, dry rot, flake apart and drop sediments in the fuel, which ends up in carburetor, if it is not filtered out. but sounds like your carburetor needs a good cleaning .. then again the probken could be as simple as a bad spark plug, it may have a sticking valve, or loose valve clearances maybe it just needs a basic tune-up
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Power Tools, Miscellaneous Home & Garden