• Advertisement

Making chainsaw chain loops, dumb questions

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Re: Making chainsaw chain loops, dumb questions

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:37 am

Well finally got the spinner and breaker in. I finding that 3/8lp rivets tend to try to crack as I spin them. I may just using too much pressure as I spin them. I having no doing the .325 rivits they look as good as the factory spun rivits.

I keep playing as time permits to see what I am doing wrong on the 3/8lp tie straps rivits.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Making chainsaw chain loops, dumb questions

Postby bgsengine » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:37 am

Spin the hand crank faster about 6-8 revolutions per quarter turn of the threaded pressure anvil to generate a little extra heat - also the spinner anvil size can make a difference if you have interchangeable anvils on ours I find we only do about 1-1/4 turns on the pressure anvil but spinning the crank handle about as fast as I can while slowly turning the pressure anvil in.. more spins on the hand crank and less on the pressure anvil = cleaner finish on the rivet heads.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Previous

Return to The Tool Crib