• Advertisement

drainzit

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

drainzit

Postby Luffydog » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:41 am

is there a special socket or tool that fits these. i have looked but came up empty.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: drainzit

Postby okie » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:27 am

Luffydog wrote:is there a special socket or tool that fits these. i have looked but came up empty.

This is what I use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsea ... oot+wrench. You can pay $140 or 150 for a set else where, but no more than I use them, I will stick with the harbor freight ones.

Okie :usa:
John 3:16
okie
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:00 am

yes that is what i use also as well. just didnt know if briggs/kohler had a special tool that i just couldnt find. just thinking that it has to be an easier way all the time hahaha... thanks okie
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Luffy,

Question when referred to socket are you posting about the drain assemblies that you attached a 1/2" hose to? If so you remove the plastic sealing shell off and use a deep well socket. It is the Drainzit hose then the crowfoot works in limited space.

I only installed one of those hoses here on a Craftsman mower that customer wanted easier access to draining the oil as factory mounted drain was hard to access.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib