• Advertisement

Titan Torque Wrenches

For the Tool Junkies among us - Discussions related to any and all tools, equipment, machinery - purchased or home-made, that are used in Outdoor Power Equipment Repairs.

Titan Torque Wrenches

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:32 am

Gentlemen,

Beware of the false advertising on Titan toque wrenches. They claim you can do both left and right hand torquing by simply flipping a switch. Well I ordered in three of them for my shop from Summit Racing. The very first one removed and tested won't; they are simply regular torque wrenches.

Now they can be converted to left hand torquing but even those from HF can be as I found out. Only one draw back if you are needing to be doing both left and right hand torquing you will two of each size or you will risk loosing parts and having fasteners becoming loose from the constant change overs In my shop I will end with a total of 8 or 10 torque wrenches instead of having 4 or 5.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Titan Torque Wrenches

Postby bgsengine » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:41 am

which is why you may wish to invest in a set of good quality beam type torque wrenches - they are always accurate both LH and RH and easy to calibrate - simply bend pointer to zero reading (if ever needed) Mine are KD Tools and I have 4 of them that I will always go to if a clicker wrench leaves me feeling any doubt at all.. only draw back with them is you need to be able to read the scale while torquing... and these are the ones I go to when needing LH Torque.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Titan Torque Wrenches

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:08 am

BGS,

Some the places I do torque there is limit space and I can't see the beam pointer especially when having to hold a strap wrench too. I just going get another set of HF torque wrenches and convert them as the conversion won't affect the calibration. Real simple to do the conversion; didn't even think about until last night. I probably paint the left hand tip white and the right hand tip red just make picking up the right one quicker.

At this rate buying addition tools I going to need another 44" toolbox and cabinet or at least a couple side cabinets. Off to get a 1-5/16 socket and wrench for the Evinrude engine so I can the flywheel off.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to The Tool Crib